5 Ways CrossFit Makes You a Better Human
We love CrossFit. We BELIEVE in CrossFit. In fact, we love it and believe in it so much that we decided to open up a CrossFit box and make it our life's mission to get as many people doing CrossFit as we possibly can. But WHY? Well, that's simple, because CrossFit makes you better.
When we think about all the ways CrossFit can contribute positively to someone's life, the list goes on and on, but here we've compiled 5 of our favorite things that CrossFit has done for us and those we care about.
Here are 5 ways CrossFit makes you a better human:
1. CrossFit instills confidence and pride by constantly showing you what you are capable of. It will help you realize that you can do so many amazing things you never thought were possible. Your body is stronger than you think it is. So is your mind. CrossFit will help you prove that to yourself over and over and over again.
2. CrossFit consistently places you in a growth mindset. There is no ceiling when it comes to what you can learn and ways you can improve, which leaves you coming up with new goals all the time and striving to reach them. Every single day brings a new challenge that you can grow from.
3. CrossFit teaches you how to work hard and that hard work pays off. The best accomplishments in the gym (and in life) are the ones you've worked the hardest for, and CrossFit will always give you the opportunity to work hard. You will learn to appreciate the process and the struggle and the climb to the top. It is the most incredible feeling when you finally reach the top and crush that goal you've been working on for so long!
4. CrossFit puts you in touch with your body and mind. You have to focus on form and how your body is moving. You have to listen to your internal monologue and make sure you are using positive self-talk. You will develop an amazing mind-body connection that can help you work through any challenge!
5. CrossFit prepares you for EVERYTHING. CrossFit was originally developed for Navy SEALS and other Special Ops teams, as well as for law enforcement and firefighters. What does your average Joe have in common with these people? Everything! The fact of the matter is, you never know what life is going to throw at you. You never know what you will need or want to be prepared for. It may not be something as intense as what the SEALS face, but we all need to be prepared for life. Additionally, if you want to stay active in your life and be able to try new things and have new adventures, CrossFit will make that possible. Running, hiking, swimming, biking, climbing, crawling, jumping, lifting...OR...playing with your kids or grandkids, picking something heavy up off the floor, being able to push your car to the side of the road when it breaks down, killing it at your bowling league, running a 5k, hiking up and down a mountain...whatever it is you want to do with your life, CrossFit will prepare you for it! The biggest benefit is that all of the things listed above transfer into your life outside of the gym. You will find yourself thinking differently about yourself and handling life's daily challenges in new ways.